Join us for an evening with
sponsored by PPA Charities
Wednesday, March 21, 2018
7:00pm - 9:30pm
(membership business meeting starts at 6:30!)
We are also holding a full day program with Bob on 3/22! register for that program here!
Leveraging Today’s Technology for More Creative Images
We have more creative tools than ever built into our cameras. The gear is becoming lighter, faster and sharper than ever. Technology is making it possible for making more Creative Images than ever before. We can now remotely control the camera via wifi and see what the camera is seeing. Pull 8MP stills from 4K video, pick focus after the fact, create Time-lapse videos in camera. Capture an image after something has already happened. (I know it was hard for Bob to believe too!) Intelligent Auto can determine the subject matter and give pre-programmed settings so you can concentrate on composition. Let’s not forget post-processing techniques to work on the images after capture. It’s a great time to push the envelope! Bob will share how he’s combining the new tech from Panasonic Lumix Cameras, Adobe Photoshop and Aurora 2017 HDR software to make photography fun again.
We will have raffles for this evening, to raise funds for PPA Charities!
Bob Coates, M.Photog.M.Artist.Cr., CPP, EA-ASP
Bob started taking photographs with an SLR borrowed from a friend for a vacation back in 1983. After successfully managing other peoples businesses for 14 years while photographing on the side, Bob decided to follow the quote "Do what you love and you will become a success."
In March of 1994, he left the restaurant biz and took the leap to become a professional photographer. Bob Says. “At the time I thought I knew something about photography....
Now that Bob has studied hard for the last 20 + years he realizes how much more there is to learn.
“In this business the variety never ceases to amaze me. One day shooting jewelry in the studio, the next day getting images for a brochure and yet another standing in the middle of the desert waiting for the light to get "just so." The changes in software and digital imaging continue to inspire me.”
Bob Coates Photography "Specializes in not Specializing" this allows Bob to come up with interesting new ways of photographing subjects. Combining the techniques of different types of photography leads to new ways capturing images. People who hire Bob Coates Photography do it not just for the expertise but, for the experience brought to the job.
Bob has presented photography programs from Hawaii to the Caribbean and now resides in Sedona, Arizona with his wife Holly.
Some of the Awards and Accolades and Service Earned by Bob
• PPA National Award (through AZPPA)
• Twice President of Arizona Professional Photographers Association
• Five Fuji Masterpiece Awards • Seven Kodak Gallery Awards
• Arizona Photographer of the Year 2005, 2009, 2011, 2015
• AZPPA Top 10 Photographer of the Year Seventeen times
• American Society of Photographers State Elite Award six times
• Buddy Stewart Humanitarian of the Year Award 2011 (PPA)
• Seventeen PPA Loan Collection Prints
• Award for Professional Photography Leadership and Excellence AzPPA (APPLE)
• Artisan Award for Service AzPPA
• Unsung Hero Award Yavapai County
• Volunteer of the Month Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep
• Approved International Photographic Judge from PPA
• PPA Diamond and Silver Award winner 2014
• American Society of Photographers - Educational Associate 2018
• PPA EDU 100 Bar 2018